Thank you very much for your interest in adopting a rescued Golden Retriever dog. If you can provide a
lifetime, loving and caring home this special Golden deserves, we want to be able to offer you a dog that
will be a wonderful and good fit for your family and life style.
To adopt you must be a person or family who has qualified in our criteria for proper, responsible ownership. This minimally includes,but is not limited to...
1. Inside lifestyle with a safe, supervised outside environment, ideally a fenced yard. No boundary training (meaning not off-leash in the yard unless there is a physical or invisible fence). Dog must be given time to adjust to his / her new surroundings and family, which is at least 2 to 3 weeks or more.
2. Dog will be returned to this rescue if the adopter cannot keep the dog for any reason. We want and will take the dog back. You also understand this dog cannot be sold to anyone, ever.
3. The dog will have shelter from the elements at all times, a fenced in area or on-leash area when outside and be given proper nutritional food and clean drinking water.
4. Dog will be kept on leash whenever outside of a fenced area. The dog will never be transported in an open truck.
5. The dog will wear a collar with current license tags and ID tags. This is very important and ESPECIALLY important when the dog first arrives in a new home situation. Your dog must be licensed within 4 weeks of acquisition.
6. The adopter may be required to successfully complete a basic obedience class (s) with the dog.
7. The adopter agrees to notify Golden Retriever Rescue Resource with any address or phone change.
8. By adopting a dog from Golden Retriever Rescue Resource, you are allowing us from time to time to check on the animal, including remission for a home visit to assure compliance with this agreement.
9. Adopter agrees to notify Golden Retriever Rescue Resource if the dog is lost or stolen and promises to do the following...
Post many "lost" flyers around the neighborhood where the dog was last located and in high traffic areas. Include a photo where possible.
Run a LOST ad in your daily and weekly local newspapers.
Visit the local dog pound, humane society, etc. in person for the dog
Notify other area rescue groups of the missing dog as well as GRRR, Inc. for assistance.
The Adoption Process
Become knowledgeable about the Golden Retriever breed. Read about Golden Retriever dogs
Please be patient. We are all volunteers, work, have children and many loving Golden Retrievers.
You will be contacted as soon as possible regarding the status of your application. (Add mailing time if you use US Mail. Postage-due applications will be returned to sender.)If we do not contact you back by a week after submitting your application, please contact us again!Again we are juggling a lot and want to make sure nothing slips through those nasty cracks in life!
If your application passes the first screening, you will be contacted for a home visit. Home visits are required for all applicants and do not guarantee adoption.
If you are approved, you will be contacted by the GRRR Adoption Coordinator for placement.
Depending on your lifestyle, needs and characteristics desired, adoption can take from 1 to up to 8 weeks depending. Wait times are longer for families with children (see below) or special requirements such as specific age, coloring and gender.
Golden's in our program are in private foster homes. GRRR, Inc. does NOT have a shelter facility, so there is no way to “view” a selection of available dogs, other than through our Web site or our adoption events.
If you have a question on the status of your application, please email us at email@example.com We regret we do not have staff to return phone calls requesting the status of applications. We appreciate your patience as we are a 100% volunteer organization with no paid staff.
Our adoption success rate of 99% proves that the time we take UP FRONT to match the right dog to the right family is well worth it! Because our dogs are in foster homes, we know a lot about their likes, dislikes, level of training, etc. This is something you will not get by adopting a puppy or from a dog from a shelter.
Some applications are not approved. We take into consideration the special needs of rescue dogs and base decisions on information you provide in your application, so please be as thorough as possible. If you feel you have been rejected inappropriately and would like to be reconsidered, please contact us.
Golden Retriever Rescue Resource (GRRR, Inc.™) dogs have all received current veterinary care: rabies update, DHLP update, fecal exams, heart worm exam and initial heart worm protection.
You must continue heart worm preventative and veterinary care such as rabies shot updates, DHLP updates, etc. for the life of your new dog.
Your dog has also received a general health checkup prior to adoption.
Checks should be made out to
Golden Retriever Rescue Resource, GRRR, Inc.
at the time of the adoption.
This price is subject to change without notice.
The adoption fee is due upon adoption.
We have the right to reject any applicant for any reason.
Questions? Contact our adoption counselor at
grrradoption (at) yahoo.com
Have you done your homework?
Does all the members of your family
with this decision?
So you want to make a rescued golden retriever part of your family?